About The Calculator
The Massachusetts Veteran Benefit Calculator is here to help Massachusetts residents who have served in the military, along with their dependents, determine if they might be eligible for financial assistance through the Chapter 115 benefits program.
- Answer a series of anonymous questions about your income and expenses.
- If you appear to be eligible for Chapter 115 benefits, get an estimate of how much your monthly check might be.
- Download or email yourself a copy of your answers.
- Get the information for your local Veteran’s Service Officer (VSO), who can help with your application.
- View and download a list of documents you should bring when you meet with your VSO.
Completing the Mass Vet Benefit Calculator is not the same as applying for Chapter 115, but it is a great start!
The Chapter 115 benefits program provides cash assistance based on need. Payments may be one-time or ongoing. Chapter 115 is a program of the Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services (DVS) in partnership with Veteran’s Service Officers (VSOs) in every town across the state.
For more information about Chapter 115, contact your town’s VSO or call the MA Dept. of Veterans’ Services at 617-210-5480.
If you have any questions about the Mass Vet Benefit Calculator, please reach out to email@example.com.